Saturday, January 10, 2009

Strange dream

I had one of those dreams or nightmares rather, where even when you wake you cannot shake the heaviness off, as if the dream is reality. In my dream I am planning on going out for the evening, where isn't really important I just know in my mind that I am going out without my children and a sitter is coming (this should have been my first clue it was a dream - ha!). There are spasmodic jumps in the dream. I see myself out having fun, at a bar or a club, not sure. There are lights, and music I cannot identify in the dream or now for that matter, and then for some odd reason I'm at the house of my great aunt who passed away a year and a half ago. It's dark and I hear her voice saying "where are the children? who's taking care of them?" It is then that wild panic races through me. I cannot recall meeting the sitter at the door. I cannot remember if anyone is with the boys and I'm crazed to get home to them, but I can't seem to find the door to get out of my aunt's house. Again, another blip in the dream and I'm home. The panic settles when I see the boys sleeping in their beds, but again, no one is with them. In my dream I had abandoned my children for a night out, and I'm overwrought with guilt.

When I wake from the dream it's like pulling cobwebs from my face. Thick and sticky and I can't get the sensation off of me. Even as I write this the guilt hangs in my heart.

I think I'm glad I woke at 6:00 a.m. At least the dream ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment