Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ah, look what I found

I wrote like a fiend today. Lots of research as well, but then I found myself in need of a break, and found something I didn't even realize I had missed or was looking for, which was a book of poetry I had kept since college. I don't believe I've written in it in more than seven years. It was as if I had found an old friend. I was thrilled. So I'd like to share a small piece of it with all of you and please feel free to offer comments. That's what this blog is for.

Grass

Warm and soft,
Under my feet
Slender blades swim madly
Bathed in the sunlight
Tender and green
Dancing in the lofty breeze of Summer.

Time fades
As do the blades
Frigid and callous
The sweetness turns solid.

Spring calls your name
Yet the summons is not quite the same.
On whistling winds forgiving rays sweep by.
A plush carpet
Or patchwork quilt
Ribbons of dandelions sprinkle the field
Is the grass a tickle on your toes?

No comments:

Post a Comment